I suggest you ...

Make an automated list from existing pages

I really love this concept, especially for simple and low budget websites. what I don't see end-users doing is maintaining a menu when adding pages. it's just a little to complicated to have to add a menu item in every single page when you create a new one.
So it would be ideal if I could set a list as a menu that is generated from the existing pages, so that the end users can add pages without having to understand the structure and HTML underneath.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    noregtnoregt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    KJAdminKJ (Support, PageLime) responded  · 

Great idea – definitely something to consider. Some of this should be possible using our API / FTP-XML as well.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • YammayapYammayap commented  · 

Is this for navigation purposes only? Or could it extend to something like a 'hub' with series of 'detail' pages coming of of it. This could be for something like a list of services. If you created a 'detail' page it would be great if this automatically added some kind of summary info to the associated 'hub' page (title, thumbnail and summary text)?

• noregtnoregt commented  · 

Just added the first client side to the system. That and your swift response to this proposal only makes it better! Will look at the API, though an option out of the box would be best of course.

• bsetterbsetter commented  · 

It would rock if there was a way to auto generate the menu when a new page is added... since it is often difficult to explain to users how to maintain the main menu - since often they don't understand page structure and hyperlinks very well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base