I suggest you ...

WYSIWYG editor should show CSS formatted text/imagery

To stop confusing from clients, i think the WYSIWYG editor should import the CSS styles and apply them within the editor so it is truly "what you see is what you get". This will stop clients from forcing text to be a certain way when in fact it is styled correctly through CSS already.

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Adminemil (Admin, PageLime) responded  · 

You can already do this to a degree – you can specify a content stylesheet URL in your site settings, and this stylesheet will be applied to any content in the WYSIWYG, and event the “styles” drop down menu will include the classes from this stylesheet.

I’m keeping this open because we’re also working on a true inline editing branch, that doesn’t require the popup editor.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nadine commented  · 

Another feature that would be nice is the ability to call more than one CSS file.

• tgg commented  · 

How this is great news... Can't wait to see a true inline editing for the sites. Keep up the great work.

• ActionScript commented  · 

"you can specify a content stylesheet URL in your site settings"
        -> Yes but this is not working correctly. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. So keep going :) I am so excited to hear that there will be wysivyg without popup editor!

Feedback and Knowledge Base